A healthy coastal ecosystem requires some nitrogen to function; however, cesspools and sanitary systems are adding more nitrogen than these systems can assimilate, which causes disease and decline. Chesterfield can upgrade your Wastewater Treatment System to a technologically-advanced system that can process nitrogen before it reaches the ground water, is a vital step toward rehabilitating our local waters.
Local town building construction codes are including a requirement for Innovative and Alternative On-Site Wastewater Treatment Systems (I/A OWTS) for certain residential projects:
- An I/A OWTS approved by the Suffolk County Department of Health Services (SCDHS) is required for residential projects located within the High Priority Area of the CPF Water Quality Improvement Project Plan (WQIPP) for:
- All new construction
- Any substantial system upgrade required by the SCDHS
- An increase in 25% of the floor area of a building
- When required by the Conservation Board or the Environment Division
- Verify parcel is located in high priority area
Chesterfield supports these nitrogen processing systems and we are available to help with the installation of both residential and commercial properties.